• Adult – When an adult becomes incompetent and their treating physician has indicated they are not able to take care of themselves physically and/or financially a guardian needs to be appointed.
  • Minor – A minor needs a guardianship when both parents have died or neither natural parent is capable of taking care of their child(ren). Unlike adoption, which grants permanent rights, a guardianship will terminate when the child turns 18 years old. When a guardianship is needed for your family, I can guide you through the process.